The Second Story
The Second Story (TSS) provides primary healthcare services addressing a range of physical, social and emotional issues for young people aged between 12 and 25.
TSS provides the Youth Health Line which is a free telephone information and referral service.
Our other services are tailored to young people who are:
- Under the Guardianship of the Minister
- Involved with the Youth Justice System
- Pregnant or parenting
- Part of the humanitarian settlement program (or have been)
- Questioning their sexuality
- Having difficulty relating to family, school or employment
- Not able to live at home
- Vulnerable or at risk for other reasons
- Nurses and Midwives
- Aboriginal Clinical Health Workers
- Youth Health Workers
- Community Health Workers
- Walk-in medical and nursing clinics
- Counselling, support and advocacy
- Health Check-ups
- Community outreach team
- Peer support groups and group activities
- Nunga Activities
TSS has an ‘open door’ policy which ensures that all young people receive a service tailored to their needs.
When clients contact TSS, they will speak to one of our intake workers who will conduct an assessment to determine the most appropriate course of action.
After an initial assessment with a TSS worker, clients may:
- develop a tailored care plan in conjunction with their worker to support positive health outcomes
- receive a service to meet an immediate need and then be referred to a more appropriate service provider for ongoing support
- receive information and referral to a more appropriate service provider.
Contact TSS by phone (08) 8255 3477 or in person:
- Monday 10:00am–5:00pm (Check as times can vary on a Monday)
- Tuesday to Friday 9:00am–5:00pm (Last appointment is generally at 4:30pm)
6 Gillingham Road,