Barista Basics Course (Nationally Accredited)
This Nationally Recognised Level 1 course starts at the beginning and covers everything!
The Level 1 Basics Barista Course starts at the beginning and covers everything including a brief history and appreciation of coffee, operating the coffee machine and grinder, all the techniques to extract the perfect espresso and prepare the full coffee menu.
Once you have learned all of the basics we end the day with cleaning and maintaining the coffee machine.
What you get for your money:
An optional 20 hours of work experience in a cafe is included as part of the course to help develop your skills and ultimately get a job in the hospitality industry.
HG Coffee School also have the following bonus materials available to you when you sign up:
- Bonus #1 SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety course included!
- Bonus #2 Two-Hour Employer’s Perspective employment seminar – learn how to get an edge on the competition!
- Bonus #3 Your copy of Grind It our interactive barista manual!
- Bonus #4 Your copy of Get That Job Barista job hunting guide!
- Bonus #5 A custom barista resume template from Coreena Cole Design!
Next course dates:
Thursday 4 October 2018, or
Tuesday, 9 October 2018
9am - 3.30pm
Gawler Sport & Community Centre
7 Nixon Terrace, Gawler
This course is available to young people 15 - 25 years of age.
Included. Specify any dietary requirements when making your booking online.
Transport is available:
For transport options from Barossa Council and Light Regional Council areas please contact your Council -
Brooke Chinner or Kirsty Hage
Youth and Volunteer Coordinator
Ph: 08 8563 4444
Light Regional Council
Community Development Officer
M: 0428 947 479
$250 for Town of Gawler, Light Regional and Barossa Council residents
$305 for young people outside of these Council regions.
Limited spaces available.
You can find out more about the training provider, HG Coffee School here.
- Download below
- Bring on the day
- Ignore page 5
- You will require a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This is a standard across the Nation. If you are not sure if you have one you can look yourself up on the USI website, or easily create a USI for yourself by visiting: https://www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi.
File size: 665 KB | File format: pdf
October 04 2018
October 09 2018
$250 for Town of Gawler, Light Regional and Barossa Council residents. $305 for young people outside of these Council regions.